Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Last Day: Dim Sum at City Hall and Climbing Victoria Peak

I’m going on about 4 hours sleep in the last 48 hours at this point, and I’m showing no signs of slowing down.  Today we had plans to hit the horse races in Kowloon, but after our night out we found that we unfortunately didn’t have the energy for it...so, next time I come to Hong Kong, this will be #1 on my TO DO list!  Our first tourist item on the to do list today was to get Dim Sum at City Hall Maxim's Palace and then head to over to Victoria Peak and take the tram to the top for some bird’s eye views of Hong Kong Island. 

Dim Sum at City Hall Maxim's Palace 
It was literally the size of a reception hall
and full of people! 

I have no idea what these are...dumplings of some sort

Yummy but scary looking calamari and some sort
of fried chicken thingy...

A dumpling with hair...after being out all night partying this
looked less than appetizing to me...but I tried it anyway.
Sort of tasted like sweet refried beans

We finally try one of those rice things wrapped in a
banana leaf...it was anti climatic

So this is what I look like when I've had 4 hours sleep
in 48 hours and have been out drinking all night.
Thank god for makeup and fedoras!

All the girls for our last big meal together in China

So...the architecture nerd in me has to give
a shout out to the restroom signs that we
saw in City Hall...

Who doesn't love a handicap Pac-Man??

Climbing Victoria Peak
So this is a must when visiting Hong Kong, but I have to warn, it's full of mainland tourists pushing you out of line and out of the tiny trolley that takes you to the top.  You have to be able to stand your ground and be aggressive if you ride this thing to the top.  I have found these past few weeks that the Chinese are not really the most patient people, although if I were competing for 1.3 billion people then I would probably be the same way.

Sooo...many...people!!  It's claustrophobic, really.

Here comes the trolly!  Prepare to get pushy, 'cause those trolly doors are tiny and
something like 100 people are trying to get on this trolley!

Ahh, it's nice up here...and there are great views of the entire island!

Skyscrapers everywhere...

I think this is where the high rollers live....



I wish I could have added this poster to
my China poster collection.
Hong Kong:  The Riviera of the Orient

After this I crashed….we were ready for a serious nights sleep, to say good bye to Hong Kong, and to return to real life.  But don't worry Hong Kong...I will be back.




No comments:

Post a Comment