Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Symphony of Lights & Shopping at the Temple Street Night Market


After being in Hong Kong for less than 24 hours and talking with our new Hong Kong friends, we have found that the fantastic night life (oh, and the food) is the real reason for visiting Hong Kong.  We definitely planned to do the typical tourist things, but honestly, most of our time was spent bar and club hopping well into the early morning.  So, needless to say, that explains why I’m taking my time to update my posts…that and I’ve been travelling for work the last few days since I’ve been back and I’m finding that the lack of sleep and living out of a suitcase for the better part of 3 weeks is finally catching up with me.  But the stories from Hong Kong must go on-
Dinner at Din Tai Fung- soup dumplings!


Bite a hole in the dumpling, blow on it and suck out the soup!

Greens and more dumplings...

Dessert is sweet red bean curd...

We came all the way to Hong Kong to shop at
H&M...I loved the sticker shock.  I spent $826.00.
Hong Kong dollars, that is
Getting drinks at Felix at the Peninsula Hotel to watch the
Symphony of Lights on Hong Kong Island- it was overrated...
but as American tourists we had to do it anyway.
I could not stop laughing in this photo- Jenn and Mary were cracking me up from arguing about what angle Jenn should take the picture in order to capture Mary’s best side.

Kowloon at night

Temple Street Night Market


I bought some bangles here for my sister & sister in-law...they are super cute!

 The famous Shanghai hairy crabs..never did get to try these...they're pricey!

This will never not be funny….the seller of these fine wares had to shoo us away because we couldn’t stop laughing like 10 year girls.  We will always be a couple of
Catholic school girls at heart

 Good-bye Kowloon!

No comments:

Post a Comment