Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Good bye Beijing, We Loved You!

We didn't have a camera cord to transfer Jenn's pictures to the blog until today, when we went to the Shanghai silk market and I asked a random guy who sold Iphones if he had a camera cord that we can buy.  Although I doubted he had what we needed, he of course, pulled the correct cord out of a secret drawer in his both and allowed him to test Jenn's camera on his laptop to see if it worked.  I have to say that I adore the people here- they are so helpful and friendly and really do seem 100% honest.  So, here are a few pics from our last days in Beijing of the two of us travel partners!




Another member of the Jenn & Rachel Fan Club

And more...Jenn with the Beibers...

Under the Lover's Tree :)

On Tienanmen Square

The subway is so packed, it makes STL Metrolink look like first class accommodations

I show a little boy his photo at Panianyuan
Clearly, I have experience in this department :) 
Eating candied huckleberry, that is...
Wangfujing Snack Street

Great Wall- Mutianyu

Jenn told me that the only candid shots of me are of me taking pictures...it's her job to plan the itinerary and it's my job to blog and take pictures



Taking the luge down to the bottom!!
Kitschy but fun!

Jenn and I enjoy the Great Wall


Dinner
We had a traditional Beijing Peking duck dinner at a hole in the wall place called Li Qun Roast Duck restaurant which is located in a difficult to find hutong. 

Cooking the roast duck
Hitting the Great Wall & Getting a Second Wind
I am at this point so tired that I’m  having a hard time staying awake for our last night out in Beijing.  We haven’t really had the energy to go out to a bar or club and tonight was our planned night to do it.  Mary has some friends here who are throwing a party on a rooftop bar in Sanlitun (which is a total high end western-feeling area that is popular with theex-pats) so I figured that I couldn’t turn down the experience.
The Finns
Even though the bar called Mango was amazingly designed on the inside, had a great view of the city at night, and was teaming with stylish ex-pats, I was hitting the wall and was about ready to head home around 11:00.  Just then we were approached by some American students and some guys from Finland who really made me perk up and gave me my second wind.  Needless to say, the night got crazy with me and Jenn dancing to the music on the roof top and we didn’t leave until about 2:00 am.  But our flight for Shanghai leaves at 10 am, which means that Jenn and I will only be getting 3 hours of sleep tonight…

 Cheers to our last night!
Cultivating international relations with the Finnish- we
are brought together by our love of Swedish vodka

No comments:

Post a Comment